Que. When the base of a vibrating tunning fork is pressed against a table the intensity of the sound is very much increased. Explain how this extra energy is obtained and show that the principle of conservation of energy is not violated.
Ans. When the base of the vibrating tunning fork is pressed against a table, the table top is forced into vibration with a frequency equal to that of the fork. this large vibrating surface sets a large mass of air in vibration and thereby increases the volume of sound. Here kinetic energy of the tunning fork is transferred to the table top. Because of the large surface of the greater than when the fork is vibrated alone. Thus the vibration of the fork dies away much more quickly when it is pressed on the table. So the principle of conservation of energy is not violated.
Subscribe to our you tube channel : Vitorr Classes
In the present day energy crisis what steps will you like to take for saving energy?
1. Judicious use of energy resources.
2. Use of public transport, car pool.
3. To use bicycle for short distances.
4. Switching off electrical gadgets when not in use.
5. Regular cleaning of gas burners and switching off the gas regulator when not in use.
6. Avoid using refrigerator / A.C. when not needed.
7. Creating awareness in neighborhood with catchy slogans.