1. On January 7, 2019, A 10% quota in jobs and educational institutions for economically weaker sections in general category by the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved
2. On January 7, 2019, The redrafted Citizenship Amendment Bill the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi thus providing Indian citizenship to non-Muslims from Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
3. The Union Minister of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Shri Prakash Javadekar stated that the HRD ministry has introduced a 70-point grading index to assess the quality of school education offered by states.
4. Dr K Sivan, Chairman, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) announced at a ceremony organized by St Joseph’s College, Trichy, Tamilnadu which is celebrating its 175 anniversary that the Union Government has allocated 10,900 crore rupees for the development of 40 satellite launch vehicles in the next four years
5. On January 7, 2019, Egypt opened West Asia’s largest cathedral in its New Administrative Capital, 45 kms away from its capital, Cairo.
6. On January 6, 2019, the Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB), Nepal’s central monetary authority, wrote to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to legalize Indian currency notes of denominations higher than Rs 100 in Nepal.
7. On January 7, 2019, the Group of States’ Finance Ministers (GoFM) led by Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar, Sushil Kumar Modi approved levy of 1%‘calamity cess’ by Kerala for a period of two years to fund rehabilitation work in the state of Kerala. It will recommend the same to the GST council meeting which will be held in January 10, 2019.
8. On January 7, 2019, Airport Authority of India (AAI) banned single-use plastic items at 16 airports.
9. On 7th January 2019, Indian Cricket Team skipper, Virat Kohli led the country to a maiden series victory on Australian soil, ending a 71-year wait to script a golden chapter in the game’s history.
subscribe to our youtube channel : vitorr classes
1. West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee unveiled the official emblem of the state government, which was recently approved by the centre. The logo contains the Ashoka emblem on the top with the theme of "Biswa Bangla" at the centre.
2. The World Book Fair started in New Delhi on 6th January 2018. Environment issues like climate change, global warming, and water pollution will be the main theme for this year’s Fair.The annual book fair will see around 800 publishers from across the country in dif ferent languages.
3. Carnatic vocalist Radha Vishwanathan, daughter of legendary classical singer M S Subbulakshmi, passed away.
4. New Zealand’s Colin Munro slammed a belligerent century in the T20 international against the West Indians. Munro also became the first batsman in the history of T20 internationals to slam three centuries.
5. Scientists have discovered a new endangered species of flowering plants in China. The species, Primula Zhui, known in Chinese as Zhu Hua Baochun, was named after Zhu Hua, a researcher from the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS).
6. The Pakistan Navy said it successfully test-fired the indigenously developed ‘Harba’ naval cruise missile.
7. The government has launched MyGov platform where interested people can give their considered view on the subject.
8. Bharat Biotech, a vaccine company, has received Pre-Qualification tag from the World Health Organisation (WHO) for Typbar TCV or Typhoid Conjugate Vaccine.
9. Three Union ministries have signed a memorandum of understanding to facilitate the co-financing of ‘Technology Mission for Indian Railways’, says Ashwani Lohani, chairman, Railway Board.
10. Telangana government formed Minorities Commission with Mohammed Qamaruddin as its Chairman.
11. Government has announced that cruise tourists with e-visas will be exempted from the biometric enrolment till Dec 31, 2020.
12. Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave its approval for implementation of the Jal Marg Vikas Project at a cost of Rs 5369 crore.
13. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj co-chaired the fifth meeting of the India-Indonesia Joint Commission with her Indonesian counterpart Retno Marsudi.
14. The Himalayan Hydro Expo 2018 kicked off at Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal on 6th January 2018.
15. The managing director of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), Ravi Menon, has been named the best central bank governor in Asia-Pacific for 2018 by UK-based magazine, The Banker.
16. The Food Safety and Standards Authority has issued regulations that required food companies selling organic produce to get certified with one of the two authorities – National Prog. for Organic Production or the Participatory Guarantee System for India.